As an organization we are known for spreading awareness regarding emotional heart health via smart choices online; however, we believe keeping your heart physically healthy is just as important. This is why we’re excited to announce the XXXChurch.com Heart Disease Awareness Scholarship which will award one undergraduate or graduate college student with $1,000 in 2017.
It is our hope that through this scholarship program we can not only honor the lives of those we, as a team, have lost to heart disease but also help students to do the same.
To apply, students are asked to submit a 500-1,000 word essay on one of the three topics listed below. Additionally, they should submit a high school or college transcript and a letter of recommendation from a teacher, friend or mentor.
Our selection committee will select a winner on or around January 1st, 2017 and notify the winner by mail by January 15th, 2016.
Deadline for Applications: December 15th, 2016
Application Essay Topics:
Please choose one of the following questions to write your 500 to 1,000 word essay on:
- In what way(s) have you personally been impacted by heart disease?
- Consider someone close to you who has been impacted by heart disease, if you could go back and speak with them at your age, what advice would you give them?
- In what ways do you think we can better prevent heart disease?
Please also include a paragraph statement on how this scholarship would benefit you. This paragraph will not count towards the word count of the essay.
The XXXChurch.com Heart Disease Awareness Scholarship is open to all male and female students who meet the following criteria:
- You or a relative has been impacted by heart disease.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university as a graduate, undergraduate, and/or incoming freshman at an accredited institution in the United States.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 G.P.A.
How To Apply:
To apply for the XXXChurch.com Heart Disease Awareness Scholarship, please fill out the application form on this page.
Terms and Conditions:
For the terms and conditions of the XXXchurch Heart Disease Awareness Scholarship, please visit this link.