My name is Craig Gross. I started XXXchurch.com in 2002 after years spent as a youth pastor seeing kids struggle with the temptations of online pornography. Years later, I created X3watch to help people be accountable for where they go online.
Years after that, I had kids and now this is not about your kids but about my kids. A few fathers and I created a website called iParent.tv to help parents make informed decisions on where their kids should go online. We have reviews of over 125 different Apps from Snap Chat to Tinder and everything in between to help parents get clued in on what their kids have access to these days.
I allow my kids on Instagram. This is the hottest spot for them online today to keep up with their friends and favorite things. It is owned by Facebook and they have talked about how they have done a good job keeping porn off Instagram. They block several hashtags that would be considered X rated. I have found the work around – Watch This!
(Note: This video does not include any offensive or explicit images but it does talk about how you can find porn on Instagram. If you struggle with porn don’t watch the video or use this is as an instructional tool to help you find more porn. Be smart and just read on.)
Don’t tell me Instagram can’t filter out the porn, they are owned by Facebook who has the technology and the know-how.
Just recently people were up in arms about Instagram releasing new, better defined policies about eliminating porn and harassment!
Apple won’t allow the proper connectivity to developers to screen or filter porn across all app, so there isn’t an alternative for people who actually want to avoid porn or keep it from the reaches of their children.
Instagram has the potential to share laughs, stories, beautiful pictures from around the world, or your daily food or coffee pic. But now, Instagram seems to have lost it’s way and the onslaught of porn has corrupted not only the concept, but it’s providing the worlds easiest, smoothest gateways to hardcore porn.
Come on Instagram lets do something!
Hey, Apple you are not off the hook either, you need to change the rating on Instagram APP to +17. Until then this APP is getting deleted from my kids devices.
1. Call APPLE – 1-800-275-2273 and ask to speak with someone in the iTunes App store. Explain that you are a parent and have a kid using Instagram and that they gave the app a 12+ rating but the app deserves a 17+ rating. Ask to speak to a senior department manager to handle this. They get enough requests for this and they will do this. If they raise the rating, it will force Instagram to fix this because no one wants a 17+ rating for their app especially a publicly traded company.
2. Email Instagram – [email protected]. Explain that you are a parent and are concerned that your kids will access pornography on their app. Point them to these examples.
3. Until something changes, as a parent I would pull the app from your kids devices.
Thanks, you're signed up!
Please make sure you do these two things so you get your emails:
1. Add [email protected] to your address book
2. Mark your 1st email from us as NOT SPAM
PS. If you don't get your 1st email in the next 5 minutes check your spam folder.
Find out how you can make sure our emails get to your inbox here. ×