Hebrews 3:13… Hebrews 10:24
13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness… 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. New International Version (NIV)
Encouraging others is not…
- Judging others for the wrong they have done
- Allowing an error to be flippantly dismissed.
- Forgetting you have been there before.
- Seeking outside support when they need it.
Encouraging others is…
- Giving people the same measure of grace afforded to you.
- Loving them as Christ loves you.
- Gently rebuking them when they are in the wrong.
- Walking side by side of another as they recover from a fall.
As you read these passages in Hebrews, you get a clear picture of what real and godly encouragement is. It is a daily practice of the followers of Jesus who understand that one of the best ways to resist temptation and therefore sin, is to continuously encourage one another toward love and good deeds.
Simply put: Jesus followers encourage others to follow Jesus, daily.
Thanks, you're signed up!
Please make sure you do these two things so you get your emails:
1. Add [email protected] to your address book
2. Mark your 1st email from us as NOT SPAM
PS. If you don't get your 1st email in the next 5 minutes check your spam folder.
Find out how you can make sure our emails get to your inbox here. ×