This week in porn/sex news…
1) Well, I guess this should come as no real surprise. At a time when the literary world (as it relates to publishing) is suffering, some folks are still making big bucks including E L James, the author of 50 Shades of Grey, who made it to the top of the Forbes List this year. Now what did throw me off a bit is* just how high up* she is. That book made her 95 million (95, sigh, million) dollars. Hmph. And they say that porn doesn’t make money anymore. (People)
2) Which ironically brings me to another point that caused me to immediately think of I Corinthians 6:16-20(Message): “Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.” An article on porn agents (because remember, porn is *acting out* sexual um, pleasure) I checked out addressed how much the ACTORS make: “An in-demand actress is paid about $800 for a girl-girl scene, $1,000 for a guy-girl scene, $1,200 or more for anal sex and $4,000 or more for double penetration”. An agent takes 15 percent of that. Wow. Millions to write about it, pennies to actually do it. Is it just me or does seeing the price tags make porn seem just that much cheaper? (Hollywood Reporter)
3) As someone who works with married couples, I promise you that you’d be better off *actually asking your partner* but for those who are in denial about the fact that poor communication is one of the main reasons why sex lives suffer, there is an app that will let you know if you’re holding it down…or not. “Spreadsheets is a new mobile app that ‘monitors your performance in bed to provide statistical and historical feedback’ by tracking a user’s ‘movement and audio levels through the accelerometer and microphone to provide statistical and visual analysis of their performance in bed,’ according to its website.” Yeah. OK. (Huffington Post)
4) Um, I’ll just put this out there and let y’all talk amongst yourselves. I checked out an article entitled “Who’s the Real Sex Addict? The Dubious Claims of Ariel Castro and Anthony Weiner”? Yeah. The writer said a mouthful right there. (Huffington Post)
5) Hmph. This is interesting. Speaking of Huffington Post, reportedly pornographic material like Playboy and Penthouse are no longer going to be sold on military bases. Not because of a moral conviction (that would be too much like right) but because they aren’t making any money. Don’t be surprised if E L James comes up with something (else) to address that issue. I mean, she does have 95 million, after all.
Thanks, you're signed up!
Please make sure you do these two things so you get your emails:
1. Add [email protected] to your address book
2. Mark your 1st email from us as NOT SPAM
PS. If you don't get your 1st email in the next 5 minutes check your spam folder.
Find out how you can make sure our emails get to your inbox here. ×